We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A delicious Mediterranean recipe, the turkey kebab with white sauce is a real treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 pita breads
- 1 pepper red (or 2 tomatoes)
- 1 to 2 onionred (s)
- 8 sheets of lettuce
- 30g butter
- 1 tsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 480 g turkey cutlets (or veal, or chicken)
- 1 tsp. tablespoon of ginger fresh
- 15 cl of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. curry
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of wine vinegar
- 2 plain yogurts
- 1 lemon
- 1 clovegarlic
- 4 strands of chive
- 1 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1 pinch of sweet pepper powder
- 1 tsp. coffee of cumin
Mediterranean Turkey Kebab
For the marinated turkey:
- Cut the turkey cutlets into thin strips.
- Peel and chop the ginger.
- In a deep dish, pour the olive oil, vinegar, add paprika, ginger, curry. Mix well.
- Place the meat in this marinade, leave to marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
For the white sauce:
- Wash and chop the chives
- Cut in half, squeeze and collect the lemon juice.
- Peel, wash, degerm and chop the garlic.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, chives, cumin, chili, mayonnaise and garlic. Season.
- Wash, cut in half and seed the pepper. Cut it into small strips.
- Peel, wash and cut the onions into strips.
- Wash and wring out the lettuce.
- At the last moment, in a pan, heat the oil and butter, sear the marinated and drained pieces of turkey. Add the onions, cook for 2 minutes.
- Split the breads, spread the inside with white sauce. Slide 2 salad leaves, between the two, distribute the pepper and meat. Drizzle all over with white sauce again. Enjoy!
Chef's B.A.ba and kebab
It is possible to complete this sandwich with homemade fries cooked in clarified butter.
The term "kebab" is of Turkish origin and means "grill". The Döner Kebab is a "rotating grill" and usually refers to the meat tower, generally based on veal found in this type of catering. It is also called Gyros in Greek or Chawarma in Arabic. In its western usage, the term, used here for this recipe, is mostly used to refer to a sandwich filled with grilled meat on a spit. As part of a family concept, the grilling is available here in frying pan.
On the cellar side, wine to accompany the kebab
This unusual sandwich is, despite its name, as far from the ham and butter as it is from the Turkish kebab, of which it only keeps the sauce, characteristic of the cuisines of this region of the Mediterranean basin, to which it adds an Asian note with curry and ginger. A dish rich in sensations, it naturally calls for powerful wines that can resist this riot of spices and aromatics. For those who wish to draw the preparation towards its most oriental dimension, a gewurztraminer, with aromas of rose and lychee, will offer a colorful exotic accord. Conversely, with a white Menetou Salon, which, due to its acidity, will add freshness to the palate, it is the sauce that will be highlighted by a tone-on-tone aromatic accord. Finally, if you want to make the wine a discreet partner, an Anjou rosé will soften slightly and coat the different expressions of the dish, while remaining behind. Mr. Chassin
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan