We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The lamb tagine with small vegetables is a dish that exudes the sun and the flavors and spices, it is generally unanimous around the table.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 800 g boneless shoulder of lamb
- 2 beautiful carrots
- 1 courgettes
- 4 turnips
- 1 branch of celery
- 1 onion
- 4 podsgarlic
- 150 g of raisins
- Spices: curry, turmeric, paprika, saffron
- Salt pepper
Lamb tagine recipe with vegetables
This recipe for lamb tagine with vegetables is ideally prepared a few hours before or even the day before in order to give the meat time to lightly candy.
- Start by cutting the meat into even sized pieces (approx 4 cm sides)
- Heat the tagine with a little olive oil
- Brown the meat for a few minutes on each side to brown it
- Peel then mince the onion and add it to cooking while stirring regularly
- Sprinkle with spices according to your taste, but a good teaspoon of each is usually necessary
- Add the whole garlic cloves and raisins
- Cover with water then simmer for 20 minutes
During this time comes the preparation of the vegetables which are added after leaving the meat to cook for 20 minutes
- Peel then wash all the vegetables except the zucchini that are not peeled
- Cut the turnips, carrots and zucchini into even sized pieces
- Cut the celery into small pieces
After simmering the meat for a good 20 minutes, we will add the vegetables in a specific order because not all of them need the same cooking time
- Start by adding the celery, turnips and carrots
- Cover and cook for another 20 minutes
- Finally add the courgettes and cook for another 20 minutes
By respecting these cooking times, the meat should cook for a good hour, the carrots, turnips and celery 40 minutes and, finally, the zucchini 20 minutes.
You keep very tender and fragrant meat and tasty and well cooked vegetables.
All that's left to do is serve with a little semolina and enjoy ...
Enjoy your meal !