Light and fruity, the quail with raisins recipe is both simple to make and deliciously tasty.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 beautiful quail
- 4 slices of bacon
- 400 g ofgrape White
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 1 shallot
- 20 g butter
- 1 branch of thyme
- 1 cc of honey
- salt pepper
The syrupy cooking juice and barely candied fruit make this recipe very delicious!
Quail recipe with grapes
The success of this recipe for quail with grapes lies as much in the cooking of the quails and their coloring as in the dressing.
Ideally, we use a small pot or casserole dish.
- Finely slice the shallot
- Bard the quails with the bacon
- To melt the butter
- Brown the quails on each side so as to color them on all sides.
- Add the minced shallot and sweat for a few moments
- Add thyme, honey and white wine
- Cover the casserole dish and leave to cook for 15 minutes over low heat
- Remove the quails and cook the grapes in the cooking juice for 10 minutes, adding a large knob of butter at the end of cooking
Dressing the quail with grapes is done by placing 1 quail in the center of the plate, the grapes around the quail and the cooking juices to coat everything ...
As an accompaniment we can serve the grape quail with a steamed potato, rice or with fresh taliatelle.
Enjoy your meal !
- Read also : Quail glazed with black cherry jam