We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The clusia, clusier or autograph plant is a pretty houseplant, popular for its beautiful evergreen foliage.
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name: Clusea rosea
Height: 2 m indoors
Ground :Green plant soil
Very trendy, the clusia brings a decorative and design touch to your interior!
A plant of tropical origin, it fears dry atmospheresand will benefit from receiving amaximum humidityto compensate for this lack.
- It must be located in abright room, without direct sunlight behind a window.
- Ideal temperature between 18 and 25 °
- Water when the soil is dry, moderately and withwater at room temperature.
Humidity and clusia:
In addition to regular misting of the leaves, you can place the potted clusia on a 2-3 cm bed of clay balls that you fill with water so that the evaporation brings moisture to the leaves.
Fairly resistant to diseases, the clusia does not present a great risk of dieback. However, certain symptoms should alert you and prompt you to act.
White marks on the leaves:
This is usually the result ofmealybugsto which the clusia is sensitive.
Clusia losing its leaves:
In case ofleaf loss regular, first check if it is watered well.
- It can also come from achange of location or pot.
- he canrunning out of light, in this case give it more light.
- The clusia loses its leaves when itsroots soak in water for too long.
Leaves of the clusia that turn yellow:
It can come fromred spiders, tiny mites that bite the leaves
- It will then suffice to treat with a biological miticidesold in garden center.
Watering the clusia
The ficus is a tropical plant that needs water but does not like its roots to bathe in stagnant water.
- Watering1 time per week, while waiting for thesoil is dry between 2 waterings.
- On the contrary,in winter, we can space the watering a little more.
Feel free tospray wateron the foliage of the clusia, this will prevent the leaves from drying out, especially in winter when the heating is running at full speed.
Finally, aregular leaf cleaningwith a damp cloth will do your clusia rosea a lot of good.
To know about the clusia, clusier
In the wild, we find theClusia rosea in most of the Caribbean islands, in the Bahamas, in Cuba, or in Florida.
But this plant has also become very invasive in many countries such as Sri Lanka where it represents a real threat to the ecology, such as Hawaii and many other tropical countries.
Grown as a houseplant, clissa poses absolutely no threat as it has no chance to multiply naturally in our climate.
There are also other species of Clusia, just as remarkable:
- Clusia fluminensis, dwarf plant
- Clusia rosea Variegata, with variegated foliage
Clusia lanceolata and its porcelain flowers
- Clusia orthoneura and its wax flowers
- Clusia guttifera and its small leaves
You can put your clusia outside in the summer, it should enjoy the summer heat.
Read also :
- Advice and maintenance of ficus benjamina
- Advice and maintenance of ficus ginseng
- Plant and harvest figs of the ficus carica
- All about the ficus forever