Here is a delicious forest recipe with this poultry vol-au-vent and its wild mushroom sauce.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 puff pastry
- 200 g of dehydrated morels (or porcini mushrooms)
- 4 shallots
- 400 g turkey
- 20 g butter
- 5 cl of port
- 1 liter of chicken stock
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Poultry vol-au-vent, wild mushroom sauce
For the vol-au-vent:
- Make a gilding by mixing the egg yolks with a few drops of water.
- Using a fluted cookie cutter, cut 6 circles of puff pastry and set them aside on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Cut out 6 circles of puff pastry again and remove the heart in order to keep a circle with holes 1 cm wide.
- Using a brush, brown the 6 filled circles with egg yolks, then place the perforated circles on top and brown again.
Store in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Take the vol-au-vents out of the refrigerator and brown them one last time.
- Place 4 heat-resistant glasses of the same height at the four corners of the plate. Place a grid on it to control the growth of vol-au-vents. Bake and cook for 30 minutes.
- Let cool on rack.
For garnish :
- Rehydrate the morels (or porcini mushrooms), then drain them by pressing them.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Cut the turkey into cubes.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter, sweat the chopped shallots, add the chicken cubes and the mushrooms.
Deglaze with port and moisten with the chicken stock.
Add the cream and continue cooking over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in the egg yolks and cook, stirring, without boiling, until the sauce is coated.
- Empty the crusts with a small knife, heat them for 2 minutes.
- Stuff the vol-au-vents with garnish. Drizzle with the sauce.
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: F. Hamel