Here is a delicious winter salad recipe with oranges, lamb's lettuce and mimolette.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 blood oranges
- 60 g of old mimolette
- lamb's lettuce for 4 people
- 2 tbsp. mixed seeds
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
Winter salad with oranges
Prepare the vinaigrette sauce:
- Melt the fleur de sel and the pepper in the vinegar, then add the oils. Mix well.
- Prepare the dish or the presentation plates.
- Cut the blood oranges raw. Take the quarters.
- Crust and cut the cheese into cubes or shavings (depending on the maturity of the mimolette).
- Wash, dry and place the lamb's lettuce on the plates.
- Place the cheese, oranges and seeds.
When ready to serve, drizzle with the vinaigrette and enjoy immediately.
Find out more about the mimolette
Of Dutch origin, this cheese is distinguished by its characteristic orange color. Called “Vieux Hollande” or “Boule de Lille”, its origin is debated, the French claiming that the mimolette has always existed in the North.
The French mimolette has benefited from a Label Rouge since 1989, ensuring the use of selected milks and a natural coloring (roucou).
Find out more about Lamb's lettuce
Vegetable with tender and delicate leaves, chewed up contains a high amount of beta-carotene, such as carrot, apricot or melon. This pigment is a precursor antioxidant for vitamin A, that is, it converts to vitamin A in our body.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel